1. Lipid-induced cell death – Investigation of the mechanism leading to lipotoxicity.
2. Meiotic Processes within the regulation of aging – characterization of the mechanism leading to longevity in yeast and mammalian cells.
3. Autophagy (“self-eating”) in dying cells – Interconnection of apoptosis and autophagy via a new “Bcl-2 family-protein”.
4. Identification of a novel yeast caspase – Functional analysis of the “raptor”- protein regarding the regulation of autophagy and apoptosis.
5. Yeast as a model for neurodegeneration - Parkinson´s, Alzheimer`s, and Huntington`s disease.
6. Caspase independent regulation of cell death – implications of apoptosis-inducing factor AIF1 and its interactom in aging and apoptosis.
Prof. Dr. Frank Madeo
ContactAlterung & Zelltod - Labor Frank Madeo - Sekretariat